8-Week Stress Reduction & Wellness Program
Next cycle begins April 12, 2015. Free Orientation sessions– see details below.
Do you frequently experience any of the following?
- Low motivation
- Work-related/financial problems
- Sadness, depression, grief
- Worry, anxiety, fear
- Unhealthy behaviors
- Frustration, anger, negativity
- Physical pain, tension, illness
- Repetitive thoughts, poor concentration
- Isolation, cultural maladjustment
- Relationship/communication difficulties
Looking for relief?
Whether you are overwhelmed and in crisis, or just plain feeling bad, there is a way to reduce the intensity of your suffering.
The 8-Week Stress Reduction & Wellness Program* is a rich opportunity to meet your experience- and life- in new way. Through regular practice of mindfulness meditation and other proven techniques over eight sessions, you will develop coping skills and healthier responses to the situations that you face.
“I have come to realize that I can directly access a space within myself where
there is stillness and peace. I leave each class relaxed, refreshed, and centered,
and I try to carry on that feeling all week long.”
The eight weekly classes include guided instruction in:
- mindful breathing
- mindfulness of body sensation (body scan)
- mindful walking
- gentle stretching & mindful yoga
- progressive muscle relaxation
- deep breathing
- loving kindness (compassion) meditation
- mindful communication exercises & group dialogue
These simple, powerful tools can help you manage stress and discover your own reserve of inner peace. Mindfulness-based stress reduction methods have been clinically shown to reduce anxiety, depression, and pain, and are highly respected in the Western medical community as a form of complementary medicine.
The 8-Week program is suitable for adults of any fitness level; those with limited mobility or injury are welcome.
What you can expect from full participation in the 8-Week Stress Reduction & Wellness Program:
- Increasing ability to relax
- Improved self-esteem & self-control
- Deepened empathy & social harmony
- Emotional well-being
- Heightened sensory awareness
- Greater enthusiasm & appreciation for life
- Improved physical health & pain reduction
- Mental clarity, improved concentration
- Ability to slow down & experience life moment by moment
- Growing contentment & positivity; reduced negativity
“My sleep quality has improved and I’ve regained an appreciation for my physical
body and what it is capable of.”
Program structure and materials:
The 8-Week Stress Reduction & Wellness Program is an intensive course requiring strong commitment to daily practice and growth. The goal is your own healing and well-being.
- Seven (2-hour) classes and one half-day (6-hour) session. Participants should make a strong effort to attend all meetings.
- Daily “homework” assignments of at least 45 minutes are an essential part of the course. They deepen your understanding and help you integrate the practices in daily life. You will receive Audio CDs and a Practice Manual for home use.
- Attendance at an Orientation session is required before joining the course. This is an opportunity to learn more about the course, the commitment, and meet the instructor. The Orientation is free and carries no obligation to join the course.
Spring 2015 Class Schedule & Tuition:
- Class Dates: 8 Sundays from April 12- June 7, 2015 (No class on May 3- Golden Week)
- Time: 10:00am-12:00pm, excepting the half-day session on May 31, 2015, which is from 10am to 4pm.
- Location: Wesley Center, Minami-Aoyama, Tokyo
- Course Tuition: 49,000 yen if full payment made by April 3/ 54,000 yen by April 11.
- Orientation Dates: Sunday, March 29 and Sunday, April 5 from 10:30am to 12:00pm. Please contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org to attend an orientation.
“I have experienced an improvement in my ability to slow down and be
present in my life.”
*Please note: the 8-Week Stress Reduction & Wellness Program is not a replacement for professional clinical assessment, treatment, or counseling. If you need immediate help in Japan call 119, Inochi no Denwa (03-3264-4343 for Japanese), or TELL Lifeline (03-5774-0992 for English).