8-WEEK MINDFULNESS IMMERSION ONLINE COURSE
with Patrick Mitchell, Certified MBSR Teacher
Upcoming Course (REGISTRATION OPEN):
- SUNDAYS January 9 – March 6, 2022
✅ Mindfulness is an alert, non-judgmental, and warm-hearted way of being. It can help you manage stress and develop presence, calm and joy in your life. This 8-week immersion in mindfulness meditation, self-compassion, and stress reduction is delivered live via ZOOM and includes eight 2-hour classes and a 5-hour mini retreat. We’ll form a caring practice community with skillful encouragement and accountability to support your growth. To support self-practice between classes, you will receive a practice manual (pdf) and set of guided meditation audios (mp3). Daily practice is strongly encouraged.
✅ This 8-week course is designed to help you:
– calm the nervous system
– develop self-awareness
– develop compassion for self & others
– develop appreciation and gratitude
– integrate mindfulness into your daily life
✅ Through regular practice of mindfulness meditation and other proven techniques over eight sessions, you will develop coping skills and healthier responses to the situations that you face. Learn healthy responses to issues including:
– worry, anxiety, fear
– sadness, depression, grief
– frustration, anger, negativity
– physical pain, tension, illness
– repetitive thoughts, poor concentration
Yet the value of mindfulness is by no means limited to stress management; it can bring much richness, appreciation, and joy to the full spectrum of your life experience.
✅ “Very very helpful. I feel more grounded now and less affected by stressful moments.” – Mariko MJ., MBSR course, Tokyo
✅ Gentle Smile
✅ Mindful Breathing
✅ Mindfulness of Body Sensation
✅ Body Scan Meditation
✅ Mindful Walking
✅ Working with Physical Discomfort
✅ Gentle Stretching & Mindful Yoga
✅ Gratitude Meditation
✅ Lovingkindness Meditation: Compassion for Self & Others
✅ 5-hour mini-retreat: a flowing sequence of practices learned in the program, practiced mainly in silence, to develop sustained attention.
✅ Working with Thoughts & Emotions
✅ Mindful Communication
During each activity, we gently investigate our inner experience as it unfolds from moment to moment. We may find this to be pleasant, unpleasant, or neutral. No matter what the experience is, we have the option of being present with it. Mindfulness is a kind of laboratory in which we see things as they are; we are not trying to achieve any particular state.
✅ In between weekly classes, you’ll experience the benefits of mindfulness through daily self-practice assignments. These “homework” assignments are tailored to each participant and supported by guided meditation audios. Then in the following week’s class we discuss our self-practice.
✅ Around the world, participants in 8-week mindfulness programs report:
– Increasing ability to relax
– Improved self-esteem & self-control
– Deepened empathy & social harmony
– Increasing emotional well-being
– Greater enthusiasm & appreciation for life
– Improved physical health & pain reduction
– Mental clarity, improved concentration
– Growing contentment & positivity
✅ Schedule JAPAN STANDARD TIME
– Sunday, Jan 9, 10am-12pm (2 hrs)
– Sunday, Jan 16, 10am-12pm (2 hrs)
– Sunday, Jan 23, 10am-12pm (2 hrs)
– Sunday, Jan 30, 10am-12pm (2 hrs)
– Sunday, Feb 6, 10am-12pm (2 hrs)
– Sunday, Feb 13, 10am-12pm (2 hrs)
– Sunday, Feb 20, 10am-3pm* (5 hrs)* Mini retreat
– Sunday, Feb 27, 10am-12pm (2 hrs)
– Sunday, Mar 6, 10am-12pm (2 hrs)
✅ FREE ORIENTATION SESSION:
– Required before joining course.
– Find out if the 8-week online course is a good fit for you.
– By appointment through November and December 2021, on Zoom.
– The orientation will take 30 to 40 minutes.
✅ This course is open to:
– Adults of any fitness level; those with limited mobility or injury are welcome
– Those who want to start a mindfulness meditation practice
– Those who want to deepen their current meditation practice
– Those who want to integrate mindful awareness with daily life
✅ Tuition: 50,000 yen (Tuition for graduates of MBSR/8 week mindfulness courses taught by Patrick Mitchell: 35,000 yen)
✅ “The class was very clear. I understood that even if my focus runs down or my mind wanders away, the practice of ‘coming back’ is key.” – Mindfulness workshop participant, Tokyo
✅ About the Instructor:
Patrick Mitchell, M.A., Certified MBSR Teacher
Patrick began practicing vipassana meditation in 2001 and has attended insight meditation retreats in Burma, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Japan, Canada, and the US. He began his mindfulness teacher training in 2005 with Drs. Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli, and is certified by Brown University’s Center for Mindfulness to teach MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction). Patrick began teaching corporate mindfulness and wellness workshops in Japan in 2009.
✅ How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining this 8-Week Mindfulness Immersion Online Course:
1. Contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org to access the course application.
2. Receive ZOOM link to a free orientation session (30-40 minutes by appointment, through November and December 2021)
3. Pay course tuition.
4. Receive Practice Manual (pdf) and guided meditation recordings (mp3).
5. Course begins on Sunday, Jan 9, 2022.
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION Online Mini-Retreat
✅ Mindfulness is an alert, non-judgmental, and warm-hearted way of being. It can help you manage stress and develop presence, calm and joy in your life.
✅ In this 5-hour mini-retreat we’ll move through a flowing sequence of practices including:
▹Mindfulness of Body Sensation
▹Body Scan Meditation
▹Gentle Stretching & Mindful Yoga
▹Lovingkindness Meditation: Compassion for Self & Others
▹Those who want an introduction to mindfulness meditation practice
▹Those who want to deepen their current meditation practice
▹Those who want to integrate mindful awareness with daily life
If you are interested in joining this Mindfulness Meditation Online Mini-Retreat, contact Patrick at email@example.com to access the course application.