Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) マインドフルネスストレス低減法
Next course: Saturdays from January 19, 2019. ENROLLING NOW!
Free Orientation Sessions:
- Attendance at a free orientation session is required before joining the course. Find out if the 8-week MBSR program is a good fit for you. Via Skype: Monday-Thursday mornings, January 14-17. Contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a session.
This MBSR course is modeled on the program developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the UMass Stress Reduction Clinic, where it has been completed by more than 24,000 people since 1979.
Issues that might bring you to MBSR:
- Low motivation
- Work-related problems
- Sadness, depression, grief
- Worry, anxiety, fear
- Unhealthy behaviors
- Frustration, anger, negativity
- Physical pain, tension, illness
- Repetitive thoughts, poor concentration
- Isolation, cultural maladjustment
- Relationship/communication difficulties
Participants also join the MBSR course to strengthen their existing mindfulness meditation practice.
Looking for relief?
MBSR teaches you how to meet yourself, and your experience, in a new way. Through regular practice of mindfulness meditation and other proven techniques over nine sessions, you will develop coping skills and healthier responses to the situations that you face. Yet the value of mindfulness is by no means limited to stress management; it can bring much richness, appreciation, and joy to the full spectrum of your life experience.
MBSR includes guided instruction in:
- mindful breathing
- mindfulness of body sensation (body scan)
- mindful walking
- gentle stretching & mindful yoga
- loving kindness (compassion) meditation
- mindful communication exercises & group dialogue
- sustained mindfulness in a day-long “mini retreat”
These simple, powerful tools can help you manage stress and discover your own reserve of inner peace. Mindfulness-based stress reduction methods have been shown to reduce anxiety, depression, and pain, and are highly respected in Western medicine and psychology as complementary forms of healing.
The MBSR program is suitable for adults of any fitness level; those with limited mobility or injury are welcome.
Around the world, participants in the MBSR program report:
- Increasing ability to relax
- Improved self-esteem & self-control
- Deepened empathy & social harmony
- Increasing emotional well-being
- Greater enthusiasm & appreciation for life
- Improved physical health & pain reduction
- Mental clarity, improved concentration
- Ability to slow down & experience life moment by moment
- Growing contentment & positivity
Program structure and materials:
MBSR is an intensive course requiring strong commitment to daily practice and growth. The goal is your own healing and well-being.
- Eight (2.5-3 hour) classes and an all-day (6.5-hour) retreat. Participants should make a strong effort to attend all meetings.
- Daily home practice assignments of 45-60 minutes are an essential part of the course. They deepen your understanding and help you integrate the practices in daily life. You will receive four mp3 audio files and a Practice Manual for home use.
- Attendance at a free Orientation session is required before joining the course. This is an opportunity to learn more about the program and commitment, experience mindfulness meditation, and meet the instructor. The orientation is free and carries no obligation to join the course.
Free MBSR Orientation Sessions:
- Saturday, January 12, 2019. 9:30am-11:00am.
- To register, please contact Patrick at email@example.com.
MBSR program Winter 2019:
- January 19, Saturday. 9:30am-12:30pm (3 hrs)
- January 26, Saturday. 9:30am-12:00pm (2.5 hrs)
- February 2, Saturday. 9:30am-12:00pm (2.5 hrs)
- February 9, Saturday. 9:30am-12:00pm (2.5 hrs)
- February 16, Saturday. 9:30am-12:00pm (2.5 hrs)
- February 23, Saturday. 9:30am-12:00pm (2.5 hrs)
- March 2*, Saturday. 10:00am-4:30pm (6.5 hrs)*
- March 9, Saturday. 9:30am-12:00pm (2.5 hrs)
- March 16, Saturday. 9:30am-12:30pm (3 hrs)
- Location: Wesley Center, Minami-Aoyama, Tokyo
- All-day mini-retreat: Saturday, March 2* 10:00am to 4:30pm*
- Language: English
- Course Tuition: 65,000 yen. Scholarships and payment arrangements available. Please contact us about making this course possible for you. Our mission is to make MBSR accessible to as many people as possible.
*Please note: the MBSR program is not a replacement for professional clinical assessment, treatment, or counseling. Recommended: TELL Counseling offers mental health care services by multidisciplinary/multilingual therapists and psychologists (03-4550-1146 Eng; 03-4550-1147 日本語). TELL Lifeline (03-5774-0992 Eng) and Inochi no Denwa (03-3264-4343 日本語) offer free telephone counseling. If you need immediate help in Japan call 119.